This course allows you to see how to understand the essentials of business valuation or more simply how to answer questions such as "is the business profitable?" and "how much is it worth?". These key issues are now a central component of a complex global economy, for both public and private companies. Financial questions bring together industrial strategies, value creation and forecasts, given the growing role of financing tools and their impact on capital structures.
The course is divided into 2 parts: financial analysis and business valuation.
The focus of the studies will be on:
- The main financial performance indicators
- Cash flows and standardization issues
- Profitability analysis based on public (CAC 40) and private (Private Equity) companies
- Evaluation games based on traditional evaluation approaches and their sensitivities
- The most advanced valuation methods and contemporary questions of financial structure
Christophe Lam has worked for more than eight years in the field of business valuation and financial engineering, in Paris, London and New York (NG Finance, SGCIB, KPMG). He specializes in issues linked to hybrid securities, such as the impact on the capital structure and the value of all types of warrants, including convertible bonds.
Christophe is also in charge of financial analysis and business valuation courses at Sciences Po Paris (Master in economics and management), debt instruments courses at ESCP Europe (Advanced Master in finance) and business strategy. company at the University of Paris 1 Panthéon Sorbonne (Magistère Finance).